Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Quarter-life crisis

Is this for real, is this right?
In all this tumult, where's the light?
Darkness of doom descends on my soul,
Besieges my psyche, engulfs it whole.
Spirit is restive, a fish without water,
Confidence crippled, pride rendered shorter.
Aimless wandering n listless thought,
Mock my effort, pull it to nought.
The heart cries, drains my muse,
All I look for, is some excuse.
Inspiration is mauled, looted, raped,
And damned to oblivion, while I gaped.
Every positive is negated, strength is spent,
I cannot face it, my ego is bent.
No goals in sight, no path to follow,
I seek refuge in the past so hollow.
Cannot help howsoever I hate,
This loser's attitude, giving in to fate.
O Lord! I pray to thee,
Show some mercy, set me free.
On my knees, defeated by strife,
I plead tranquility, a just life.

When will it be over :(

No comments: