Friday, May 26, 2006

Where ??

Continuing from here, here and here, this is another one in the series :

Not on the ground, not up there anywhere,
not a burning phoenix, not a shimmering glare.

Drenched, overwhelmed by rain's might,
stands the uninitiated, battling for light.

Thinks of a struggle, then thinks why,
the how of it, and above all by.

Thus stands there, with a longing trace,
buried deep beneath, shadows of his face.

O divinity! bless him the question,
the answers he needs,'n doubts he can shun.

--Not a pensive resignation this time, but an honest acknowledgement

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Ashish!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Poornima.

Anonymous said...

Have you read "The God of Small Things"?
I m reading it these days, and after reading your poem I was reminded of it once again. It is one book, written in obscure language, which I m loving to the core of it.

Anonymous said...

anu
Yea, I have read it.. twice. Its a good but very gloomy novel.

Anonymous said...

Great poem Ashish...being a photographer I am more interested in the masthead though :D .. have you taken it? If yes, it's a wonderful shot!

And yes, Taughannock is beautiful.. my lens manages to capture only so much of it's beauty :) .. it's amazing in fall, one season I haven't been able to shoot yet!! ..

Anonymous said...

vikas
Its stolen from the net. I wish I could take such a pic, will catch you someday for tips :P

Anonymous said...

I am sure a person who can write amazing words can capture amazing pictures as well...all you have to do is get out there with your camera !! as for the tips anyday .. from my little bundle of tips that I keep getting from others ;)

Anonymous said...

Good poem..

Long time no updates??

Anonymous said...

update karo bhai!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog ! .....no comments ! .... sometimes silewnce means a lot ..n u know the word the silence speaks .... !